Android Pay is a digital payment app that offers choice, simplicity and a secure way to pay for in-store and in-app purchases. Choose your device, add your credit or debit cards, and you're ready to tap and pay.
With Android Pay, you can:
- Use most major credit and debit cards
- Store your gift cards, loyalty cards, and offers
- Pay securely because Android Pay never shares your credit or debit card numbers with merchants
- Unlock your phone and then tap to pay for in-store purchases
- Get purchase notifications that include the merchant's name, location and phone number
To use the Android Pay app, you need:
Android Pay is only available with merchants who accept NFC contact-less payments. Using the app when not connected to a Wi-Fi network will deduct usage from your data allowance.
- An Android™ phone with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) operating systemThe primary software that controls the basic operation of a mobile device, and a platform to run additional software apps. (OS) or newer running on your phone
- The Android Pay app downloaded onto your phone